Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Home Training Day Three

14 February, 2011:
Home Training Day Three:


We did a change-up for today's training. We would not be doing a morning route because I would be captioning in the morning and part of the afternoon. Mike-the-trainer arrived shortly after I finished working and we loaded up and headed out to pick up a bag of dog food. LD Mike did really, really well as we shopped. When we got out to the van I talked Mike-the-trainer into making a quick run to so I could pick up some roses and chocolates. When LD Mike and I came out of the store I was flying totally blind because the sun was shining brightly right in my eyes. I had to totally trust LD Mike on the way to the van. He did not let me down and worked like a champion. With Valentine's Day covered, Mike-the-trainer and I made plans to meet at the library later so that LD Mike and I could work a night route together. The night route was a great experience for LD Mike and I.  I was so very proud of LD Mike as we were walking along the library building we approached where we would usually turn to take the steps down from the street level to the library parking lot.  I had already decided to continue down to the next street and LD Mike did not try to automatically turn left to take me to the steps, but he was ready to if I had asked him to.  Very smart work on his part!!

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment