Wednesday, February 9, 2011

In The Beginning

07 February, 2011:
This afternoon I received a call from Mike, a field representative from Leader Dogs For The Blind.
Mike let me know that he would be delivering my new Leader Dog at the end of the week.  Thursday was possible, but Friday was more likely.
YEA!!!!!!
Following the time honoured traditions of all the Leader Dog students have have gone before me, I went into wheedle mode to pry as much information as I could from Mike about my new partner.
Here's the skinny...
Name:   Mike
Breed:   Black Lab
Age:      17 Months
Weight: 58 pounds.
Mike will be the third black lab male that I have worked with from Leader Dogs.
I am flying HIGH!!!!
I have sorely missed working with a dog and hated having to rely on a cane since Leader Dog Patriot (ret.) hung up his harness for the last time.

To Be Continued...

1 comment: